A MESSAGE FROM OUR CEO, TAL SHOSHAN
To Our Valued Customers,
At FiveStar Gourmet Foods we have always taken every precaution possible to provide the safest food and the best possible environment for all of our associates each and every day.
In light of the many additional challenges related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) we remain 100% committed to keeping our facilities open and operating at full strength. Please be assured that the difficulty and circumstances presented by novel coronavirus will not deter us from our duty to ensure that our retail and food service partners continue to receive best-in-quality Simply Fresh salads and meals, so that the public is not affected.
At FiveStar Gourmet Foods, we have always practiced industry-leading food safety and sanitation. All of our employees are required to wash their hands frequently, use gloves, and wear facemasks when working around or handling food, sanitize food preparation and high-contact areas frequently, and are rigorously trained on the most stringent food safety standards in the industry. We have a strict policy requiring all employees to stay home if they are sick or in close contact with someone who is exhibiting symptoms of illness. We will continue to work directly with our local suppliers and distributors to apply these rigorous standards to ensure our products maintain the highest levels of safety through every step of the process—from our supplier, to our facilities, to the store shelf, and ultimately to the consumer’s table.
We also have several systems in place to measure and maintain these high food safety and sanitation standards. In addition to constant USDA inspections, we also conduct regular third-party food safety audits under the rigorous standards set by SQF, Level 3.
Due to Covid-19 we have enhanced these procedures to further strengthen our approach and ensure we continue to operate effectively during the pandemic. Some of the enhanced measures we’ve introduced:
- Implemented a mandatory temperature-check procedure for all employees and visitors. Under this procedure, each person seeking entry into our facilities must have their temperature taken via infrared temperature scanner before being allowed admittance.
- Made hand sanitizer dispensers available at every employee desk.
- Increased the intensity and frequency throughout the day of sanitizing surfaces in our facilities, such as countertops, tables, seats, floors, door handles, production equipment, and restrooms.
- Mandated all meetings involving third parties take place via video or teleconference to minimize unnecessary entries into our facilities.
- Continue to follow updates and protocol suggested by the CDC, local Departments of Public Health, and the World Health Organization to best ensure the safety of our employees, customers, and consumers.
The FiveStar Gourmet Foods family is continuing to take every precaution possible to provide a safe, clean environment. We are absolutely committed to keeping our facilities open and operating at full strength, despite these challenging circumstances, to ensure that fresh, safe, and nutritious food continues to flow uninterrupted to our valued customers and the public at large.
On behalf of the entire FiveStar Gourmet Foods family, I want to reiterate that the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, and consumers remain our highest priorities.
Thank you for your support and your loyalty. We look forward to continuing to serve you now and in the future.
Tal Shoshan, Founder and CEO
FiveStar Gourmet Foods, Inc. / Simply Fresh